September 18, 2013

Alphabet Collection Flip

See my full disclosure policy here.

This month over at Frances Suzanne the pattern flip is the Pattern Anthology Alphabet collection. I purchased the whole collection when it was available earlier this summer.


For the flip, I started by adding sleeves to the BBC Vest to make it a jacket.

Then I turned the W pants into a skirt. I used the shorts length as a guide to make the skirt knee length. I used piping in the back and also added it to the pockets so there would be some detail in the front as well.

I used a black and white lining for the jacket. Bella was a little confused at the print being on the inside. She tried to put it on inside out.


We were driving around looking for a place for a good photo shoot and I found this awesome burned log. It fit perfectly with the black and white theme of the look.

I also made a hair accessory. My girls had lots of fun "helping" me add the feathers. And putting random ones in their hair. The tutorial for the flower pouf is here.



8 comments:

Frances Suzanne said...

Very chic/'clean'! The BBC Vest Jacket is adorable....and I adore the pairing of the jacket lining with the outer fabric. Well done!

sallyavena said...

Such a stylish looking outfit! And very beautiful pictures!

Renee said...

Gorgeous - great flip! love the styling and color choices.

Naomi Bruette said...

This is adorable! Great flip and I love all the details.

Naomi@http://sewknitcreate.com

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

Gorgeous outfit, great flip. Love the photoshoot.

Katie said...

WOW! That is so cool. Love the shoot. I think the way you flipped those patterns is ingenious. And who doesn't LOVE a gal in knee socks, so glad they are back in style.

Kimmie Wilmes said...

So pretty

Melissa said...

Love, love, love this flip! So nicely done.

Ads Inside Post