August 05, 2013

Rosalie Ruffle Tee

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free for helping test.

I tested the Rosalie Ruffle Tee from Peek-a-Boo Pattern shop this spring, but the pattern changed after the round of testing I was part of, so I've waited to blog about it until I sewed it up the way the pattern was released.

Here's a picture of the version I tested. The ruffles are positioned a little differently, but it gives you a good idea of the fit.

Then I made a whole bunch of shirts, but since they were upcycled, I had varying amounts of fabric. Most of them only have one ruffle along the neckline. The one ruffle makes it a super quick sew, especially if you are using the original hems.

This is the pattern made following the instructions. It makes a nice, ruffly, girly tee. I made one for each of my girls to go with their Fourth of July Ruffle Skirts from last year, which conveniently still fit.

The pattern calls for jersey knit, which I think will probably give you the best results. I've used other knit fabrics, and they've worked fine. If your knit is really stretchy, the weight of the ruffles can pull down the neckline a little, like it did with the white tops. I also made the sleeve cuffs narrower. I would also recommend cutting the neckline ruffle longer than it says so that you can make sure it lays the way you like.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post