August 25, 2013

Hanami Pattern Blog Tour

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free for helping test.

I started seeing the Hanami dress and top on StraightGrain and it's facebook page, and loved it, so when I saw the call for testers, I signed right up. I was so excited when I got the email asking me to test.

I love this pattern. My favorite part is the crossed back. I don't know why, but I just think it is beautiful. And it looks so sweet with the flutter sleeves.


The instructions were easy to follow and I love that there are so many options. You can make a dress or a top with a flounce, there are two different sleeve options, two back options, and you can add a collar with the zipper back option if you'd like.


I sewed it up as a dress, with the flutter sleeves and crossed back, in a white fabric with peach flowers, which may not have been the most practical option, but I sure love how it looks. And the inevitable dirt we got on it from being outside came out with a good scrubbing. This time at least. 


You can head over here to purchase your copy.


Disclosure: I was given the pattern free of charge to test and review. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

Eva said...

Your dress looks very nice with that crossed back.
I will have to try that too.

Straight Grain said...

You picked such a gorgeous fabric for the dress, Terra! I love this this romantic version of the Hanami, and the white suits your daughter's dark hair and eyes so well! Thank you for all your help with the pattern, and for your kind review :-) -an

Leentje said...

Sweet!

Olga Becker said...

The fabric is gorgeous, so delicate! Great job!

Ads Inside Post