July 08, 2013

Manhattan Skirt Pattern

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free for helping test.

Here we go with another pattern test. This one is the Manhattan Skirt from Terra's Treasures. And no, that is not me, although she has a great name!

This skirt has a really fun design. It's cut on the bias in back and on one of the front pieces, and then with the grain on the other front piece and the waistband, so it's perfect for a striped fabric. It also has tabs on the waistband. The buttons are just for decoration, so they're super simple to sew on.

. I also love the fun ruffle detail at the bottom. Just enough to give the skirt something extra without being overdone.


Here's a view of the back. I love the way the stripes look! It took a little bit of time and an extra cut out of one of the pieces to get the stripes to line up, but I love the effect. If you want to make sure your stripes line up exactly, cut out one back piece at a time. Cut the first one out, then flip it so that right sides are together {exactly as you'd sew them together} and line up the stripes before cutting out the second back panel.

And Bella loves it too! She was so excited as I was making it. It was time for her to go to be, so she asked me to put it on her bed when I was done so she would see it as soon as she woke up in the morning.

I've sewn a couple of Terra's patterns now, and I like the way she does them. They are put together really well and are clear and easy to understand. She used two testers for each size on this one, so you can be sure that they are well tested. She also includes a cutting layout, which I don't usually see on PDF patterns. On this pattern especially, it was helpful to have. I would have used a lot more fabric without it!



I didn't make this, and the tutorial doesn't include instructions for piping, but I love this version of the skirt so much that I had to include it. The image is from the Terra's Treasures facebook page.

1 comment:

Jan said...

i do love this pattern...thanks for the chance :)

Ads Inside Post