July 17, 2013

Easy Newborn Gown

See my full disclosure policy here.

Way, way back, before I even started blogging, when I barely knew what a craft blog was, I came across this newborn gown pattern from This Mama Makes Stuff. I made a whole bunch of them, and then the pattern sat for awhile. I recently revisited it because I had a baby shower to go to, and it was just as simple and fun to make as I rememberd.

I added a few extra details, like the contrasting binding and cuffs. I also thought it would be cute to add a little pocket.

 And the best part about newborn gowns-the elastic at the bottom. It is so much nicer than fumbling with snaps during those middle-of-the-night diaper changes.
This is a great pattern to have on hand. It's fast, simple, gender neutral, and best of all, free!

2 comments:

Heidi Amber said...

This little gown is adorable! :) I pinned it!
Heidi @ handmadefrenzy.blogspot.com

Zoe said...

That's good it is gender neutral, most baby and toddler patterns are all catered towards girls, as well as the fabric available! I'll try and remember this pattern next time someone I know has a baby :)

Ads Inside Post