June 26, 2013

Vintage Style Headband Tutorial

See my full disclosure policy here.

 Today I'm going to share how to make this Vintage Style Headband. It is a great way to use up scraps. They're pretty quick to put together, so you can make one for every outfit your little girl has!


Here's my little girl sporting hers.


This is how I made mine, but there are lots of different ways you can put this together. 

First, I made my yo-yos. Just cut out circles of fabric, keeping in mind that the finished yo-yo is only about half the diameter of the circle.


With the wrong side up, press the edges of the circle about 1/4 inch towards the middle. It doesn't have to be perfect. Hand stitch a long gathering stitch around the edge of the circle, going through both layers.

Pull on your stitch to gather. The fabric will come toward the center. You might have to play with it a little to get it to lie the way you want it to.

You can embellish the center any way you want. I glued some pearls, but you could sew on a cute button too. Then I made a headband out of fancy elastic {I got it at Pick Your Plum}. I made the same bow I used here, but on a much smaller scale.

Then just arrange everything how you want it and glue or sew it together. Easy peasy.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post