April 02, 2013

Fresh Bloom Frock

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free because I helped test.

This is the Fresh Bloom Frock from Blank Slate Patterns. I tested one size, and liked the way it turned out so much, I ended up making another one so that both of my girls could wear them as their Easter dresses. I know Easter is over, but I wanted to share because I think these would be perfect for a spring or summer wedding.


I had some peach lace that I picked up at a thrift store for $2 for about 2 1/2 yards. Score!! I lined it in peach fabric that I got as a remnant, so I stayed well under budget for Easter dresses this year. Using the lace made this a little tricky to sew, but my girls loved them.

I made some leggings with ruffles on the ends to keep their legs warm since it's still chilly. It also helps keep them covered up. They are long and skinny, so dresses tend to hit them a little higher on the leg, and I didn't have enough lace to lengthen the skirt. I'll have a tutorial for the leggings up soon.

One feature of these dresses that my daughters love is the pockets. It was hard to get them to keep their hands out of the pockets during the photo shoot, hence this picture. If your girls are anything like mine, it gives you a good idea of what this dress looks like in action!


4 comments:

Melissa (Melly Sews) said...

Love the lace and the leggings - such a sweet look!

Kerry said...

I think leggins are always a good idea with young girls. Very pretty for Easter.

Ajaire said...

Oh the lace is just lovely. I adore this pattern and your girls look so cute with the peach lace.

Bratling said...

Very pretty! I did simple yoke dresses for mine... and forgot to take pictures. Mine were Imperial batiste that I picked up for $2.49/yard, and I ended up using under three yards for both dresses. The girls loved 'em, because they were pink and had bunnies embroidered on 'em, I loved them because they were inexpensive, and my SIL loved them because they're cotton/poly and thus don't require much ironing!

Ads Inside Post