March 08, 2013

Jumping on the Mustache Bandwagon

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free in exchange for a previous review.

So the first time that I saw something with a mustache on it, I sat there for a minute trying to figure it out. What in the world did mustaches have to do with questions? Then it dawned on me. So here's my take on it for St. Patrick's Day. I mustache you not to pinch me. Ha, ha. 


I didn't have a white tee to stencil this on, but I did have lots and lots of white knit fabric that I found for $1/yard. And now I wish I'd bought more of it. But anyway, I made this ringer tee using the pattern I reviewed from Terra's Treasures.

Yes, he needs a haircut, but at least he won't have to worry about being pinched.

Here's a quick tutorial.



First, I cut out the words and mustache into a freezer paper stencil. If you have never stenciled with freezer paper, you can go here. I printed out the words and traced them onto the freezer paper. The mustache I drew freehand.

Then I stenciled away.

Then just sew the shirt together.

 Wahoo! No pinching here.



5 comments:

Carrie said...

I love it! I made a quick shamrock applique tee for my son yesterday, but now I am going to have to do this, too!

Kerry said...

This is so cute. Pin please.

Marriah said...

That is so perfect! I love it so much. I am going to work up the nerve to use freezer paper soon. How did you cut it out?

Terra Sews said...

I used an exacto knife to cut it out.

Delia said...

haha...darling and clever!

Ads Inside Post