February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Sandwich

I was planning on making my children these sandwiches for Valentine's Day. But I eventually decided against it since my kids don't eat a whole sandwich and most of it would be wasted. Then I saw an idea for using a cookie cutter to add a sprinkle number to your cake and decided to use the same idea for a sandwich.

And this is what I ended up with. It was super simple, and the results made my children happy.


Here's how I made it.


First spread a slice of bread with peanut butter. Place a heart shaped cookie cutter on top, pressing it gently into the peanut butter.

Sprinkle the sprinkles inside the cookie cutter.

Tap the plate gently to make sure the sprinkles go all the way to the edges.

Lift up the cookie cutter and you have a fun Valentine's Day sandwich. This would also be fun for St Patrick's Day with a green clover or Easter with a flower or bunny.


2 comments:

Kerry said...

Every kid would love it. Happy Valentine's Day!!

Marti said...

That's cute and would work for so many things too.