February 05, 2013

Sparkly Heart Top

See my full disclosure policy here.

I was shopping at Hobby Lobby and I came across fabric spray paint that was glitter. How cool is that? So I picked it up and decided it would be great to make a Valentine's day shirt with. The glitter is kind of hard to photograph, but it's there. And she loves it.


I used the same technique for those shirts that use a stencil and spray bleach on the fabric. I cut a heart out of freezer paper, ironed it to the fabric, and sprayed glitter to my heart's content. When it dried, I pulled off the stencil and had a cute, glittery {and fast} Valentine's Day top.

Here's a close-up of the glitter.

This is how I made it.

Here's the freezer paper stencil on the shirt. You could use a shirt that is already made; you'll just end up with glitter on the sleeves too.


This is what I used:

Here it is after the glitter has dried. The glitter goes on white and a little clumpy. At first I was afraid I had wasted my money. I used a sponge brush to even it out a little around the heart. It dries so that all you see is the glitter.

Here it is all sewn up. I made one for each of my girls and I still have over half of the bottle of glitter left.

1 comment:

Olivia Ostrander said...

I love that idea! I'm glad that you mentioned doing it sleeveless to avoid getting the glitter on the sleeves. I likely wouldn't have thought of that until afterwards.

Ads Inside Post