January 24, 2013

T-Shirt and Skinny Jeans: Boy Style

Update: The tutorial (with pattern) for the shirt is here.

It's Boy Week over at Project Run and Play. I've sewn outfits to go with the themes several times, but I've never done a boy look. I feel like boys are harder to design for. You can't just add some ruffles and bows; the extras have to be a little more subtle.


But I finally decided to play along and this is the look I came up with. I designed and drafted the shirt, using a plain t-shirt of my little guy's as a template. I'll be posting a tutorial (and a free pattern) for the shirt soon. I was going to include it in this post, but life happened. I love the button detail on the sleeves. It's one of my favorite parts of this look.

For the pants, I started with the Skinny Jean pattern from Peek-a-Boo Pattern Shop.  (Disclosure: I am a Peek a Boo pattern shop affiliate)I love Amy's patterns in general, but I can't say enough good about this one. I am in love with how they turned out. There are a lot of little details that make them look professional. The only thing I changed was to add knee pads because this guy wears holes in the knees of his pants like nobody's business.



Here he is giving me the Flynn Ryder look. He just melts my heart. 

 And here is the outfit in action. Come back soon for the tutorial and pattern for the top! {It will be in one size only}.

7 comments:

Jessica G said...

This looks great!!! I love the shirt! And what a handsome fella by the way. :)

LilleKrokodille said...

Great look for your boy! Love the shirt.

Hambergoosa said...

Very nice I've never thought of mixing different jersey material for a shirt, brilliant! And that belt is a perfect accessory he's a well dressed boy!

Ajaire said...

These colors all look so great together. I love the two knits and how they complement each other.

Upstatemamma said...

Everybody has that skinny jeans pattern! I totally want it. :)

Frances Suzanne said...

Very stylish top!!

Scary @ Shaffer Sisters said...

We featured you on our blog. Thanks for sewing along! http://shaffer-sisters.blogspot.com/2013/02/prp-sew-along-winter-2013.html
With Love,
Shaffer Sisters