October 04, 2012

The Pristine Swing Dress

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free because I tested it.

The Pristine Swing Dress is the other dress pattern I tested for the Blank Slate Basics for Girls line. I used a knit fabric for most of the dress. The yoke is made from woven fabric. If you're new to sewing, I'd suggest going with a woven fabric all around. This might be a bit much to tackle for your first knit project. Did you miss the Little Bow Pleat dress? Check it out here.


One thing I loved about this pattern was how customizeable {not a word, according to spell check, but I'm using it anyway} it is. There are three different sleeve lengths. You can also make it in dress length or tunic length. My daughter loves the pockets. She is a huge fan of dresses with pockets

She was also really loving pine cones.

 Here is a close-up of the detail of the bodice. I really like how it's a simple, solid colored dress, but there's a pop of fun at the top. Of course, it would be cute as a patterned dress with a solid color as contrast, or even two different fabric patterns. The options are {almost} endless with this dress.

If you want this pattern, you're in luck. Melly is offering a discount code for mama says sew readers. You can get 20% off anything in the pattern shop with the code MAMASAYS. Also, go to her blog to find a discount code for the entire girl's collection. The first 75 buyers get 50% off.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

So sweet. I love the fabric choice.

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Cute--love the polka dots on there!

Ads Inside Post