October 01, 2012

Little Bow Pleat Dress

See my full disclosure policy here.

Pattern was free because I helped test it.


Recently,  I tested a couple of patterns for Melly of Melly Sews, and can I just tell you that I love them. This one is the Little Bow Pleat Dress. She just released a line of basics for girls. She also has a line of basics for boys. You can buy them separately, or all together.

I really love the style of this dress. It's simple, but with a few extra touches that really make it adorable. I love the stand up collar, and then of course, the bow and the pleat.

I paired this dress with some leg warmers I made. I used the tutorial here, minus the lace overlay.

 She loves the dress too. She was so excited after I cut it out. When Daddy got home, she had to tell him that Mommy was making her a new dress. This is significant, because if she doesn't like something, there's really not a lot you can do, short of bribery, to get her to wear it.

The fabric came from Fashionable Fabrics. It's Wild World Atlas in Carnation by Jenean Morrison. I won a gift certificate in a giveaway, and this was one fabric that I picked. 

Good news for everyone who made it this far. Melly is offering a discount code for mama says sew readers. You can get 20% off anything in the pattern shop with the code MAMASAYS. Also, go to her blog to find a discount code for the entire girl's collection. The first 75 buyers get 50% off.

2 comments:

Tricia said...

Very sweet.

Melissa (Melly Sews) said...

I love how vintage this dress and these pictures look!

Ads Inside Post