September 01, 2012

Whimsy Couture Dolman Top

See my full disclosure policy here.

This pattern was free because I helped test it.

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to pattern test for Whimsy Couture. The Dolman Top tutorial has now been released, so I'm going to share the one I made with you. I added the optional waistband and cuffs. I covered a couple of buttons in the same fabric to tie it all together.

If you've wanted to try sewing with knits, I think this would be a great first project. Since it's a long sleeved shirt, it will probably be worn in winter, so you can use a heavier knit, which won't stretch as much. That makes it easier to sew. Also, the higher neckline doesn't curve the way a regular scoop neck would, which simplifies that step. If you don't add the cuffs and waistband, it would be easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Here are my girls playing together after the pictures. They are best friends most of the time {I love it when they hold hands in the car-melts my heart!}, but we occasionally have some tooth and nail fights around here. Literally. 

In case you're interested, here is the tutorial for the Striped Circle Skirt.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Very cute top and VERY beautiful young ladies!

Ads Inside Post