September 22, 2012

Embroidered Headband

See my full disclosure policy here

Today I'm going to show you how to make this embroidered felt headband. It would make a great gift for a new baby. I don't have a baby at home, so it's modeled on an older child, but I think they would look adorable on a baby, especially with a smaller circle. Anyway, she's still my baby.


I've always wanted to try embroidery. I saw this tutorial a while back, and thought these smaller felt circles would be a great way to get started. I made a bunch of them. Some of them are pretty simple, and some got a little more complex. I made these while watching the Olympics, which I find a huge irony. Don't get me wrong, I love watching them, but there I was, watching these amazing athletes who spend hours a day training. And I was sitting there watching them, thinking that maybe I should turn off the TV and exercise. Which brings me to the irony-I spend more time watching TV during the Olympics than any other time of the year. Anyway, on to the headbands.

I just cut out two felt circles. Mine were about 1.5 inches and 2 inches across. For this one, I used a really simple backstitch. I used lighter pinks for my embroidery floss as I got closer to the center to give it an ombre-type effect.


Cut out some elastic for a headband. Glue it to another, small white felt circle. Make sure the right side of the elastic {if there is one} goes on the outside.

Glue the elastic to your larger felt circle.

Then turn it over and glue the embroidered felt circle where you want it on the front.

Slip it on to a piece of cardstock and you're ready to give a great baby gift!

You can also turn it into a bookmark for the new Mom who loves to read, like these beautiful bookmarks.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

These are so sweet.

Ads Inside Post