May 03, 2012

Bird's Nest Necklaces

See my full disclosure policy here.

When I was making my Thumbprint Bookmarks, I came across this tutorial for bird's nest necklaces. I decided to try making them because the supplies aren't really that expensive. I figured if I made a horrible mess, I could just chalk it up to experience.  But guess what? They're super easy!



I made mine with glass pearls. There are so many different ways you can make these.  This is such a pretty peach color.

Or you can use more or fewer pearls.  This one is for my Mom for mother's day.  So Mom, if you read this before then, act surprised when it comes in the mail, okay?

  I used 20 gauge wire because I like the look of the heavier wire.  It can get a little tricky to work with.  Needle nose pliers help, but you don't want to use them too much because they can dent the wire.  I mostly yank the wire with my fingers.  I was making these at a craft night and one of my friends commented that it looked like it would hurt my fingers.  It doesn't, but then, I may have burned my fingers enough with the glue gun that I don't have a lot of sensation left in them.

 Here they all are together. Pretty right? Totally worth some sore fingers.




”kojodesigns”

No comments:

Ads Inside Post