March 10, 2012

Weathered Headboard and Pillow Covers

See my full disclosure policy here.


I've entered the American Crafter contest over at Naptime Crafters.  This week's project category was Hardware Store Gems.


I originally wanted to make something completely different, but I saw some 1x4s on the cull cart at Home Depot.  They were warped, so they were perfect for a project that I wanted to be imperfect.



I made the aqua pillow using the same method I did for this shirt.  I sewed a pillow case for the body pillow.  The tutorial for the flower pillow is here.


 

I painted the headboard with a thin coat of gray acrylic paint, because I already had it on hand.  Then I mixed some white latex paint with a glaze medium and gave the headboard a quick coat, wiping it with a damp cloth as I went.


I love how much brighter and more cheerful my bedroom looks.  And I finally feel like my burlap lamp matches the rest of the room.

I'd love if you stopped by Naptime Crafters to vote.  You can pick your three favorites.




4 comments:

Tricia said...

It looks great. I've really been wanting to give my home decor a bit of attention. It's really in sad shape. Thanks for the inspiration, and best of luck in the competition. You're great so I'm sure that you'll do well.

Vally said...

Love the colors and the style of your pillows! :-)

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Love the colors and style of your pillows, and they're shown off against your new head board perfectly :) Good luck!

4you-withlove said...

Congrats on making it to round 2! I just gave you a shout out. Good luck!

http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2012/03/american-crafter-round-2.html

Marilyn

Ads Inside Post