See my full disclosure policy here.
I mentioned in this post that it was my second attempt. This started out as my first attempt and turned into a colossal fail-at least for that shirt. I managed to salvage it. I've been wanting to put some ruffled flowers onto a shirt for a while. Taupe probably wouldn't have been my first choice of color, but since I'd made this shirt already, I decided what the heck.
I also sewed a stretched elastic to the inside on both side seams, creating ruching.
The stitching for the flowers pulled on the fabric, which created an asymmetrical neckline which I like. If you want to make one, the tutorial for the flowers is here.