March 05, 2012

Ruffle Flower Shirt

See my full disclosure policy here.
I mentioned in this post that it was my second attempt.  This started out as my first attempt and turned into a colossal fail-at least for that shirt.  I managed to salvage it.  I've been wanting to put some ruffled flowers onto a shirt for a while. Taupe probably wouldn't have been my first choice of color, but since I'd made this shirt already, I decided what the heck.


I also sewed a stretched elastic to the inside on both side seams, creating ruching.


The stitching for the flowers pulled on the fabric, which created an asymmetrical neckline which I like.  If you want to make one, the tutorial for the flowers is here



3 comments:

Melissa said...

That is soooo pretty! And I love the taupe.

kokoro handmade said...

nice, nice idea to shirt anonymous. compliments. ciaooooo

Katie Adams said...

This is so cute! I love the sides!

www.thecraftyblogstalker.blogspot.com

Ads Inside Post