November 10, 2011

Rolled Paper Christmas Tree

This is a simple project that I did with things I already had on hand.  I had planned on doing something from Martha Stewart's Handmade Holiday Crafts book, but midway into the project I decided to go a different direction.



This will eventually be part of my Christmas decor.  Right now however, it's in storage, so this will have to do for a picture:


First I framed a piece of green scrapbook paper and cut strips from an old book.


Then I rolled them up, and threw in some red ones too.


I arranged them how I wanted them...


...and hot-glued them to the frame.  I also added a ribbon at the bottom and a few more rolls for a trunk. That's it.  Simple, right?



DIY under $5

2 comments:

Cindy said...

That is really pretty, thanks for the tutorial on it.
I love it!
Hugs, Cindy

Violaine said...

Wonderful !

Here is mine ! Thanks for the idea !

http://photobyviolaine.blogspot.com/2011/12/jour-1.html?spref=fb

Ads Inside Post