November 30, 2011

Christmas Shelf

I found this shelf at a thrift store and bought it.  The reason?  I wanted somewhere I could decorate that was out of reach of little hands.  Because little hands have been grabbing and destroying.  I love those little hands, but I'd rather things not get destroyed.



So here's my first time decorating out of reach.  I made the stars out of cardboard and faux metal paint.  Here is the star tutorial or the original tutorial.


The trees are just styrofoam cones from the dollar store. I covered them in floral moss and glued them to glass candle holders {also from the dollar store} that I spray painted white.  Then I topped them with some smaller cardboard stars.


And the mixed media art is from my guest post here. Now I have somewhere to put it.


Merry Christmas!


No comments: