September 13, 2011

Twine Vase

This was my project for the dollar store round at So You Think You're Crafty.  Dollar stores are not usually a place I go when I am looking for craft supplies.  After a couple of trips, during which I spent almost as much time cleaning up after my children as I did searching for ideas,  I came up with this twine covered vase.



I've seen rope bowls around, and I liked the idea of tweaking that to make a rope vase, but unfortunately all the rope was bright red, blue or yellow. I did find a nice neutral twine.  And there were lots of different glass vases to chose from.


So I got the twine and the vase and after wrapping and wrapping and wrapping I ended up with this pretty vase for only $2 {plus I don't know how many gluesticks}. This is a great project to make while watching TV.  Just be careful not to burn your fingers with your gluegun.


Week 2 voting is up.  Two people are leaving this week, so head over and vote.  I'd be thrilled if you voted for my project.  I can't tell you which one it is, but I'll give you a hint: my project number is somewhere between 0 and 11. Kay, go vote!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I like the twine better than rope - a little less chunky, a little more refined. super cute!

pickygirl said...

so cool! terra you amaze me. I just found you blog and am having so much fun here.

Fifi said...

This looks great!!


I've been hopping around crafty links this morning and found your page. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Your newest follower!

Michelle said...

Love the earthiness the twine adds! Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

Tam said...

love it! very organic.

Ads Inside Post