September 01, 2011

Tiny Vintage Rosettes and Tunic

Ever since making this headband, I've been wanting to make another one with tiny flowers.  I decided to make rosettes this time.  I made them the same way that I did here, except I cut them thinner.  I also pressed them in half instead of just folding them. That made it so that I could roll them tighter and smaller.


And what's a cute hair accessory without a cute outfit to go with it?


I made a peasant style top and added length.  I sewed an elastic to the inside.  I stretched it out as far as it would go and then just stitched it with a regular machine stitch.  After I finished, the elastic went back to its original length and I had an easy gathered waistband. No casing required!



Here she is playing in the parking lot after our photo shoot.  Notice the muddy knees. At least she had fun.


Just because....







5 comments:

Candy said...

LOVE it! The headband and tunic (and baby) are all darling!

Marti said...

How cute! And your young model is adorable too.

Andrea @ Sew Divertimento said...

That is so adorable! I love tiny rosettes! =)

www.sewdivertimento.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

I love it!!! Thanks for posting. New follower. :)

Stephanei @ http://airforcefamilyadventures.blogspot.com

Amy (naptimecrafters) said...

I'm featuring you on Friday at naptiemcrafters.blogspot.com as the most viewed link!