September 22, 2011

Houndstooth Dress

I found some houndstooth fabric and grabbed it.  Here's what it turned into:


It's just a basic peasant-style dress made using Simplicity Pattern 5695.  I lengthened the sleeves and added a tie with coordinating fabric. 


I had the hardest time getting her to model this one for me.  Every time I'd set her down and run to get in position to take a picture.  She'd be running behind me {sort of-it was one of the first times I put her in shoes} and I could only get one picture at a time.


That is, until I let her take her shoes off and carry them around.  Then we got lots of pictures.  We also got lots of wood chips stuck to her tights.


2 comments:

pickygirl said...

so cool! such a good model, too! would you want to do another crafting competition-- a couple of us who didn't make the last one we entered are doing one along with crafting with the stars-- you told me about this website.

let me know and hug that family for us! redzoegirl.blogspot.com

K.E.N said...

LOVE!

Ads Inside Post