August 29, 2011

Mama Says Uh-Oh

So the other day, I was in with Cita putting her down for a nap.  And I fell asleep. Which turned out to be a big mistake.


When I woke up and found Bella, she was on my bed under the covers.  She said, "Mom, I just cut paper, not hair." This statement I {correctly} interpreted to mean she had cut her hair.  I looked around and only saw two curls on the floor, so I thought it wouldn't be too big of a deal. Then I saw her hair-she had cut almost to her scalp in the back.


The mystery of the missing curls was solved when I looked in the garbage can.  At least she cleaned up after herself.  So she'll be wearing a lot more headbands in the future.


Who else has this happened to?

2 comments:

Elaine Shandra said...

Your daughter is adorable! My neighbor's four year old just did this. Unfortunately, she not only cut her own hair; she also cut her girl cousin's hair. Her hair got finished into a cute bob, but her girl cousin's head is now buzzed, yikes! One of my preschool age Sunday School students gave herself quite the haircut (at home), twice! The first time she chopped off the front right side, then she lopped off the bottom right after it had mostly grown in, so she also has a cute little bob. The second time, she was joined by her 6 yr old sister, who also now has a bob. Last year, I had a Kindergartner who apparently cut a bit during her regular class, so I had to watch her like a hawk during art class. When I was three or four, I recall having super short hair after giving myself a haircut and almost giving my baby sister one too, oops!

Trina said...

The headband is cute and your daughter looks adorable. I cut my hair when I was younger, luckily not that short. My now teen daughter, was visiting with her grandparents when grandpa was laying her down for a nap and while he slept she got up and took clippers to the front of her hair about 1 inch back.

Ads Inside Post