August 23, 2011

Bathroom Facelift for Wimps (i.e. me)

We have this half bath that was pretty boring.  I wanted to add architectural detail, but I'm a wimp when it comes to power tools. I like my husband to be around to help me. He wasn't for this one.

Never fear, I came up with a solution: 


I used wooden picture frames. I spray painted them white to match the baseboard. I also painted a chair rail and cut it to size so that I could wedge it in between the two walls {thus eliminating the need for a nail gun}. I used some damask print fabric inside the frames in front of the glass to give it a pop of color.


Ta da!


I also added a sign with some bathroom rules.  I saw a sign with similar rules on etsy a while ago and I've been wanting to make one ever since.  I gave my board a base coat of green to match the fabric, then used white glue to make the top layer of off-white paint crackle.


Quick and easy.  Just how I like to craft!




3 comments:

Ladybird Ln said...

I just loved your project on So You Think Your Crafty! I have that SAME EXACT vanity, I love it! I am so happy that we both are going to be contestants!

Carlee
www.ladybirdln.com

Kelly said...

Beautiful and very clever!! It looks very professional. (Glad to hear I'm not the only wimp when it comes to nail guns and stuff!). I found you through Blue Cricket, and I'm following now. :)

Come visit!


Kelly

Kerry said...

Looks like you found a good use for that fabric. The frames are a clever idea.

Ads Inside Post