July 25, 2011

Seaside Dress

Here is the perfect dress for twirling in.


Or taking a walk to the beach.


Or picking up sand and letting it run through your fingers...


It's made the same way that I made the Tied Circle Skirt, except instead of finishing it with an elastic waistband, I added a bodice to make it a dress.  I also added a bow for some color.  

Here is is on my little model. She came up with this pose all on her own.


One of her favorite things to do at the beach was climb all the "mountains".  She had a nice uncle that helped her with some of the bigger ones.  This one she tackled herself.


The breezy white skirt with the light blue tie remind me of the ocean with blue sky and white surf. 


So now that we're home, we have the seaside dress to remind us.  And make us think longingly of cool ocean breezes when we have a heat index of 110. Yeah. Really missing the ocean lately.

2 comments:

Lindsay(PACountryCrafts) said...

LOVE this dress and these pictures! It makes me want to run off to the beach!

Kerry said...

She is a pretty model. I especially love the "twirly" pose.

Ads Inside Post