August 02, 2011

Faux Chenille Blanket

I've been wanting to try the Faux Chenille Blanket from Made for awhile, and finally did.  I liked it so much, I made two of them.  And now I think I'm taking a break.  At least until the next baby shower.


This is a great project.  As a reward for sewing line after line after line after line....
You get to cut it to pieces and shred it. Great fun.


I love how the back gets all ruffly and soft.


If you haven't tried this already, I have a tip.  Dana mentions in her tutorial that 100 percent cotton frays better.  I wanted to see how a cotton/poly blend would work, and I found out-not nearly as well.  I still like how it looks, but it definitely doesn't fray as much.


1 comment:

K.E.N said...

Sooo...I found your blog thru the most round about way. I wanted a cool way to decorate a lamp shade and looked on pinterest.com and went to a blog that featured your burlap lamp shade (which I'm going to copy) and so I thought I would look at that cool person's blog and it just so happen to be you. I got here and saw the pictures of your daughters and thought, "hey wait a minute, I know her!" It was a cool moment.

Ads Inside Post