May 02, 2011

Wheat Grass for Kids

Bella loves to cut.  I think that's a common feeling among preschoolers.  This craft is something that allows her to indulge her passion for cutting in a way that doesn't destroy things that I would rather not have destroyed.

We grew some wheat grass and added a face around the container. Then we let it grow until we felt it was high time this dude had a haircut.


Then I let Bella go to town.


It took a lot of concentration and determination. 


Snip, snip, snip!


Almost done!


Ah, much better!
I asked Bella to smile for me and this is what I got...


Also this...


Linking here.

4 comments:

Jami said...

How long did it take the grass to grow? I'm thinking about growing some for a golf party! Your little one is so cute! Would love for you to drop by the Tuesday To Do party and share this!
http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/05/tuesday-to-do-8-and-7-list-makers.html
Smiles!
Jami

Tatum said...

My daughter is close to Bella's age and she too went to town giving the grass a hair cut! Best part of the whole project! It is strangely satisfying, isn't it? Thanks for the link! That was so nice!

Terra said...

Jami-it only takes about a week to get it to a good cutting height. It grows back really quickly too.

annelikokulum.com said...

I 'll make this with my daughter.İt is very funny.thanks.

Ads Inside Post