April 25, 2011

Wheat Grass Centerpiece

 I grew some wheat grass using this tutorial, and I agree with Tatum.  It is easy.  It's also addicting.  Anyone can grow it.  I should know.  Plants and I don't really do well together. After it sprouts, it grows so fast that I swear I'd notice a difference after a few hours. Lots of fun. 


I turned mine into a centerpiece for Easter using thrift store teacups and a plate. They all started out an off-white color and got a spring face lift.  Here's Bella posing with my wheat grass.  She loves touching it.


The table runner is the same as the one from this post, except with bigger squares.




I also added a little bling to my glasses with some beads.


Just use some beading wire and twist it around the glass a few times, then thread some beads onto both ends of the wire.  When you have as many as you'd like, put a crimp bead on the end and thread the wire back through a few of the beads. I think these may be reused for Mother's Day.


Linking here.

4 comments:

Tatum said...

Would you look at that sensational wheatgrass?! I am so thrilled that you used my tutorial! You are right, it's fun, easy and ADDICTING. I love your tablescape! Thanks for the link too!

Tatum from Keep it Simple, Sister

kara@elements-interiors.net said...

I LOVE that runner! And your table looks awesome too! Im your newest follower!

I would LOVE to have you link up to my Whassup Wednesday Par-Tay! And I have a party button you can grab and put on your blog so your friends can come too:)



If you are NOT already a Follower of Elements Interiors....HELLEEERRRR!

Click that Google Follow button and YOU will be ENTERED in my

"Its a SURPRISE!" GIVEAWAY to be announced EVERY MONDAY! Yeppers! You read it right,

a Winner EVERY MONDAY!!! With GREAT Goodies you wont want to miss!!




Hope to see ya at Whassup Wednesday!!!

*ENTER LINKY PAR-TAY Here! *

xoxokara

Michelle said...

Love the wheat grass in the teacups!! I have always wanted to try growing my own. Thanks for linking up with DIY under $5!

The Life And Times Of and Infantry Wife said...

I love wheat grass as a centerpeice! I do wedding flowers and last summer I used wheat grass (because EVERY BRIDE wanted green flowers!) and stuck white roses in them and it made such amazing centerpeices!

Ads Inside Post