March 29, 2011

The Blossom Top

I like to search the clearance racks at the end of a season.  It saves so much money to buy kids clothes a year ahead.  I bought several t-shirts for $1, but they were pretty boring, so I livened them up a little.  


I made three yo-yos and sewed around the edge of the circle to attach them to the shirt.  Then I did some quick embroidery to look like vines running between the flowers. Perfect for spring! Now if only the weather would get the hint.  


If you need a yo-yo tutorial, there's a great one here.  


This shirt has so many possibilities.  Here is one with two yo-yos and some leaves on a white t-shirt.  I got the idea several years ago from an etsy shop that is no longer in business.  I love the possibilities!


Linking here.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I love that you did the embroidery between the yo-yo's. And the belt shirt is darling! I love to buy end-of-season clearance and gussy them up too. Great job!

Kerry said...

I just saw a shirt like your pink one at sears for $15. (And it didn't even have the vine embroidery.)

Ads Inside Post