March 28, 2011

All the Places to Love-The Meadows



When I saw the Once Upon a Thread series over at no big dill, I really wanted to make something myself.  I love children's literature.  When I was in college, my favorite part of the library to study was the children's literature section {because whenever I needed a break, there were so many books to choose from!}.
I picked "All the Places to Love" as my inspiration.  I love the illustrations and the text in this book.  It makes me want to go back to a simpler time.


This skirt is inspired by one of the places to love-the Meadows.


I used several different colors of knit fabric to create the flowers on the skirt "meadow".


If you want to learn how to make the flowers, go here


One of the illustrations of the book shows a flower bouquet.  Conveniently enough, I had one already to use as a prop.  


Bella is also wearing a headband of flowers in the same colors as her skirt.  If you like those flowers, check out how to make them here.



Coming soon: The Boy Version
Linking here.




5 comments:

Megan said...

I love the colors in your skirt!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Bloggymom said...

Love the flowers on the skirt.

Melissa said...

That is SO cute! Thanks so much for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Melissa
MyCraftieLife.Blogspot.com

Quiltstory said...

The flowers are darling! Thanks for linking up to Quiltstory!

Rachel {BubblyNatureCreations.com} said...

This is so pretty! I love the headband too! I am having a link party tomorrow and would love you have you there. bubblynaturecreations.com

I am now following! :)

Ads Inside Post