February 18, 2011

Ready For Spring

A few weeks ago I saw this dress on Project Run and Play.  As soon as I saw it, I wanted it for Cita.  Here's my version, made with fabric appropriate for spring {since I'm getting a little tired of winter}:


I don't have the Sweet Dress pattern, but I have one that's similar.  It really is a versatile pattern.  I've used it to make this shirt and and this peasant top as well.


There is a tutorial on Sewing in No Mans Land if you want to make one yourself. I made some changes when I made this dress. I extended the bottom ruffle to go around the front of the dress.


Instead of doing a gathered ruffle, I ironed it into pleats.  It takes a lot more time, but I like the crisp look that it gives when you're done.


Here's the bustle with the flowers.  I used three flowers.  I really hope they don't get smashed too badly in the car seat!

6 comments:

Dana said...

This dress is adorable! I wish I had a young one to make it for. I'm sure you and your daughter will receive LOTS of compliments!

blessings,

~Dana

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness!!! I love it! I love how you brought the pleats around to the front it gives it such a nice finished look. You did a gorgeous job!

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

How adorable! I saw some cherry fabric today that would be perfect for this dress!

Jen T said...

That is just precious! I also loved your lamp shade tutorial and did it. Thank you so much..here's the post: http://sheendeavors.blogspot.com/2011/02/fun-lamp.html

I love your blog - JenT

...with ♥, SB said...

OH, my.. this is beautiful. =) on another good note, you have made it on my INSPIRE ME, BLOG LIST! Please take a look.

AllieMakes! said...

SO stinking cute!! OMG! I love it!

Ads Inside Post