January 10, 2011

Tied Circle Skirt

See my full disclosure policy here.

The circle skirt has been on my to-do list since I saw it at MADE back in July.  I got the idea to add ties from an old dress I have from Down East Basics. It finally made it off my to-do list and onto my sewing table last week. So, without any more delays, here is the tied Circle Skirt:



And here's a quick how-to.
Go here and follow the tutorial to get your circle cut out. I made the smaller circle (for my waist) smaller than Dana's tutorial because I used a knit fabric.  Once you have your circle, fold and cut it into eights:

Pin it back together, adding two ties along each seam line and sew it up:


Go back to the original tutorial for directions on adding your elastic.  I covered mine with the same fabric I used for the skirt rather than dying it.


You can wear it without the ties, and it looks like the original, plus some seam lines.


Or you can tie it up and wear it that way.  Two skirts in one!

12 comments:

Tricia said...

Very cute. I love the ties. You did a fantastic job.

Emily said...

This is on my bucket list to make soon! Emily @ domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Those ties are genius! I need to make one asap.

WobiSobi said...

Wow I really love this. So cute.

Lauren said...

Wow I just love this skirt. I love the boot skirt combo as well. What a beautiful skirt for winter. Saw your post at the Glam Party.

www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

PinkElephantPrincess said...

too cute! ive got a circle skirt on my todo list too and this would give it an added touch! thanks!!

Mrs K said...

Looks great & comfortable!

Melissa said...

I am so making one of these. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Sarita said...

i LOVE it tied! Very very cool, and perfect with a pair of boots. Very Soho (the clothing store). Thanks for sharing - I stopped by from the Crazy Train!

Sabra said...

OH WOW! I really liked Dana's circle skirt. But this? This I LOVE!

DeniseAngela said...

Very modern! I like this & congrats on making the top ten!

Luxy Living said...

What a great idea! I just might have to steal it! :) (If I do, I'll be sure to link you!)
-Chartreuse-

Ads Inside Post