January 17, 2011

Shirred Collar

Here's a quick idea to add a little detail to a project.  Use elastic thread where you would normally use elastic.  It adds a little something extra.  Instead of making a casing, I just finished the raw edge and then added rows of elastic thread until it was as tight as I wanted it.


Then just keep going on whatever it is you're making until you're done.  Don't you just want to kiss those chubby little cheeks? Me too!



This shirt was made using Simplicity pattern 5695, which is actually a dress pattern.

Linking here.

5 comments:

Dewi Citra said...

Me too !! Those cheeks are so cute :)
I'm wondering if it is a top or a dress.

Citra @ innocentia
ps: I'm giving away a copy of "Sewn with Love" untill Jan 20 in my blog. Come visit me if you get a chance

Terra said...

This one is a top, but you could do this for a dress as well. Thanks for the info!

Little Treasures said...

Love it! As a child I was crazy about shirred tops!
Your sweety is gorgeous!

Admitted Fabricaholic said...

Very cute shirred collar. And that baby!!! I juts might be the annoying Aunt that always pinches the chubby cheeks if I had a baby like that around - so cute!

Jacqueline said...

That is a great detail. It looks like a boutique dress. that's probably because of the Adorable baby!

Ads Inside Post