January 20, 2011

A Little Love for Valentine's Day

Here's a quick how-to for the Valentine's decoration Miss Cita showed you.



Grab a piece of wood the size you want and sand it down. Paint a thin layer of pink and let it dry, then paint a thin layer of white and let it dry.  Some pink will still show through, which is fine.  Bella helped me paint and she did a great job.
To distress, go over the whole thing with sand paper.  In some places, I only sanded enough to let more of the pink show through, and in others I sanded right down to the wood.



The hearts are something I saw in an American Girl magazine way back when I (or more accurately, my mom) was a subscriber.

Cut strips of paper and roll both ends.  You can roll them around a pen or pencil or just roll them with your fingers.  Fold the middle in half and bring the curled ends together to form a heart.



 Mod Podge the whole board to seal it and add your hearts and any other embellishments you want.  I just used liberal amounts of Mod Podge all over the bottoms of the hearts and put them on the board.  I used gentle pressure with the palm of my hand to secure them and that was it.



The best part?  I only used scraps from other projects, so it was 100% free! That's my kind of project.

Linking here.




As seen on CraftGossip.com

5 comments:

Karen said...

So cute and easy! i think I will have to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Suzanne said...

Found you from Fingerprints on the Fridge. Love this sign, very cute, very thrifty.

Planning on showcasing my Valentine ideas (inspired by other mommy blogs) next week! I'll have to add you to my list! :)

Amanda said...

Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. :) You can see the feature here
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/9-crafty-valentine-ideas/

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!
http://homeandgarden.craftgossip.com/grab-a-craft-gossip-button/

Michelle (www.thereallifemom.blogspot.com) said...

Free and beautiful!?! You can't go wrong with that!

AllieMakes! said...

That is lovely! And you can't beat free!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com