December 20, 2010

Doll Bed and Quilt

This is a fast, easy project for a last minute Christmas gift for a little girl.  I did the whole thing in an evening, and that was while fielding calls from my husband, who was at the grocery store trying to get food for an etiquette dinner for the youth at our church.



I made a quilt to go with it.  I've never done machine quilting before, and I had no idea what I was doing.  I just picked a stitch on my machine that was squiggly and went back and forth on the blanket.


 Here's how the quilting looks on the back.

 Orange is Bella's favorite color, so orange is what she got.  Not your traditional color for a little girl, but I like the orange with the blue.


For the complete tutorial, go here.

Linking up here.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Well done! I made a similar item for my daughter last year...it is a favorite toy. Enjoy your holiday.

Scary Mommy said...

This is so sweet! My daughter would flip for it!

Ads Inside Post