November 02, 2010

Ruffles and More Ruffles (and Flowers too!)

One of my friends had her little girl dressed in a cross-over jacket similar to this one.  When I saw it, I knew I had to make one for my baby princess.  The rest of the outfit just sort of evolved.


I was looking on the J. Crew website for some ideas for the leggings and came across these:


I loved the flowers, but beads didn't seem like such a good idea for a baby who is starting to put everything she can get her hands on in her mouth, so I just did the flowers.


The skirt I came up with on my own, and when I was drooling over the kids' clothes at J. Crew, I saw a similar one.


Ha! I should be a J. Crew designer.  Okay, not really.


Here is a view of the whole ensemble:


And a view from above:


Linking up here. I also linked up at Tea Rose Home, and my computer won't copy the button code right now, but you can try tearosehome.blogspot.com



handmade projects

14 comments:

LBT said...

Oh my goodness, so cute! I love the colors and the whole ensem' (i like to shorten words, sorry). Very nicely done!
Stopping by from Creative Itch. Come check out LBT when you get a chance. Thx!!!
Angelene
LBT
http://littlebuggietutu.blogspot.com

Flannery Buchanan said...

Those leggings are precious!! You should sell them!

Flannery @ threesisterz.blogspot.com

Mom2fur said...

Squee! I want to find someone with a baby girl just so I can make these! They are so precious! And that big flower headband on that chubby little head...squee again!

Sabrina said...

Loving all of your creations! They'd would look gorgeous on some of the little ones I take pictures of...now if only I could sew! ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog...I'm playing catch up!

Sarah AJ said...

Those are adorable!

AllieMakes! said...

Those are totally sweet! I was JUST working on some ruffley leggings! We are have ESP, lol! Good job!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Those turned out so cute. Great job. I love ruffles. Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All.

Jess said...

How sweet are those ruffles on the leggings. I love it. I wonder if I could get my 5 year old to wear something like that...hmmmm.

Cozy Home Scenes said...

Your baby is very cute and so is her outfit. Love her sweet leggings. Maybe one day when she is older, you and she will embellish her clothes together like my mom and I did. Back when I was in high school, I had designer tastes but not the budget, so we were always going to the expensive store for ideas then finding a way to embellish stuff I bought cheap. Your daughter will have some great memories of what you did for her if you are still doing this for her then.

Jana said...

I love it! So adorable! Need a baby girl!!

Kim said...

Sooo cute! Thanks for sharing!

Sherry said...

could you do a tutorial for the leggins and the skirt, I would love to make them for my baby girl, but I am a beggining sewer and need step by steps :) I just love how it looks on your little one!

Mandy and Mark said...

I concur on the need for a tutorial-- I don't sew much, but those leggings really make me want to try!

Dewi Citra said...

Arrgh so darn cute !! i love the ruffled leggings.
So pretty for a super cute baby

Ads Inside Post