November 09, 2010

J. Crew inspired ruffle tee

The inspiration for my newest project is this Ruffle Confection Tee from J. Crew:

cost: $34.50

And here is my version, modeled by Bella:


She loved the ruffles.  They brought out her girly side (not that it needs any bringing out...)


The main shirt is an old shirt I got at a yard sale last summer for a quarter.  It had a small grease stain in the front, but with the ruffles, that is not a problem.  It was originally a women's size medium (I think), so I just traced one of her shirts and cut this one down to size.  I lucked out and found a knit fabric in almost exactly the same color to make the ruffles.  I tried the tulle, but it was making it way to puffy, so I just took it off.


My version: less than $3 
Much more budget friendly

Linking up here.

8 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so cute! I love this ruffle shirt! Thanks for sharing over at Tuesday Tell All!

Lolly Jane said...

Love that idea.... kinda wishing I had a SON now to wear that! jk
Found you on MyCraftieLife- we're your newest follower. Pop over and say HI sometime ;)
Happy crafting!

Jana said...

Cute!!!

I'd love for you link up at http://gigglesglitzandglam.blogspot.com/2010/11/glam-party.html

Michelle@Somedaycrafts said...

Absolutely darling!!!

Crystal said...

Ha ha ha! I know you! I didn't know you had a sewing blog! I found it through TRH. I love it :) The shirt turned out so adorable. Now I'm going to browse your other cool creations. Remember when you taught me to sew? I always appreciate that. I put a link on the link party today too. An outfit I made for J. Check it out: http://calartistry.blogspot.com/

Sarah@sweetpeaandjojo.blogspot.com said...

Super cute! I did a ruffle project today too. Love it!

AllieMakes! said...

This is super cute! I love it!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Allison said...

FABULOUS! I saw these at Gap (similar ones) and was wondering if I could make one (I have made several ruffle tees for adults). You did a great job! I am in this linky party with the rosette necklace. I wonder if you would share this on my blog's new Tell Me Tuesday link party! http://vintagepollyanna.blogspot.com/2010/11/join-me-on-tuesdays-for-new-link-party.html

Ads Inside Post