October 28, 2010

Magnets

I've seen a lot of these magnets and decided to try them myself.  They didn't photograph as well as I would have liked, because Miss Bella decided to play with them and got them all nicked up.  The light emphasized the nicks, but they don't look so bad on my fridge.

I love cherry red with light blue, so several ended up being that color scheme:


Some green ones:


Floral prints:


Birds:


Purple:


And my favorite, a vase of flowers with a striped background:


I know a lot of people do them with scrapbook paper, but I used cutouts from old magazines. My husband and I have completely different taste in decor.  He probably wouldn't say anything if I used the color schemes I like, but I know he wouldn't like it.  By cutting colors and prints I like out of magazines, I get to decorate the way I like, and its small enough that my husband doesn't care.  (Its also a lot more economical.)

Linking up at some of these parties.

No comments:

Ads Inside Post