October 24, 2010

Girl's Jacket

I like to use patterns as a guide rather than something I have to follow exactly.  My end result usually ends up as something quite different from what its intended to in the pattern.  Usually that's intentional. This jacket was made using a McCall's pattern for a fleece jacket.  I used corduroy and lined it with fleece. The sleeves ended up too long since I had to guess their size (they don't make it in the size I wanted).  That worked out, because then Miss Bella could wear it for two years.

Here she is modelling it last year with the sleeves rolled up: 



And here she is wearing it this year.  I don't know what's with that face. Silly girl.


The back, complete with car seat wrinkles.



Coming soon: a dress made using the same pattern.

Linking up at:




The Girl Creative




Making



Sumo Sweet Stuff

5 comments:

janimal said...

It's adorable! Would you recommend the pattern?

I just made a jacket for my little girl - I'd love to try and different design.

Tricia said...

I love this. It turned out great. The corduroy was a great choice.

Terra said...

Yes, I do recommend the pattern. It was pretty easy to follow. Just keep in mind the smallest size is 3, so if you need it smaller, you'll have to alter it. Also, it only buttons at the top, so its probably not warm enough when its really cold outside.

Laura said...

How sweet. I like the sleeves rolled up.

This week is my blog anniversary and I'm hosting a week's worth of great giveaways. Feel free to stop by if you'd like!

Kate said...

I have this pattern but after seeing all the pieces involved I haven't tried it, sleeves and I aren't the best of friends! After seeing your CUTE version it has inspired me to give it a try! Thanks!

Ads Inside Post