October 26, 2010

Election Day Top

I made this shirt out of an old men's button-up shirt and thought it looked patriotic.  Since its not the 4th of July anytime soon, I decided to call it the Election Day Top.


The ruffle on it is my favorite part.  There is also a rosette pinned to the front to give it a little flair.



I wanted it to be  wrap front.  It was simple to do.  I just moved the buttons over and used the original button holes.  I really hate to do my own buttonholes, even though my machine has an automatic button-holer-maker (or something?).


That is a red button there in the middle of the rosette.  I love that Bella's getting older and now I can ask her to pose for me.  She thought she was such a big girl standing there with her hands in her pockets.


She's not old enough to vote on election day, but she usually comes with me to vote.


She flashes her cute little smile...


...and charms an "I voted today" sticker out of the election judges.


Heck, I'd give her one too.

  
Here is a back view of the shirt.  It's also a good view of the sleeves.  I was pretty happy with how they turned out.  It was a spur of the moment decision.
                                    

And that's the Election Day Top.


I have a tutorial in the works for the rosette. The tutorial for the sleeves is here
Election Day is coming soon! Don't forget to research candidates and issues before you vote!


12 comments:

Tara said...

I think this shirt used to be a button-down shirt, right? It turns out very feminine. The best top from button-down shirt I´ve ever seen.

Kerry said...

The cuff looks very cute on a short sleeve. I've never seen that before. I love the hands in the pocket pose.

Amanda said...

This looks great! I love the sleeves. And ruffles. Stripes + Ruffles + buttons = LOVE

jneesnest said...

I am crazy about this shirt! That is so adorable. I would have never thought about putting the cuff on a short sleeve, ingenious!

emilyc @ Sew Super Sweet said...

Oh.My.Goodness! This is so super cute! Love it!

kate said...

cute cute! (the girl and the shirt!) good job!

divaskychick said...

Absolutely LOVE THIS. What a little cutie, too!

theteo5 said...

It's beautiful! Nice work! I have always loved little peanuts with their hands in their jeans pockets...nothing cuter. I'm a new follower.

http://www.holy-craft.blogspot.com

AllieMakes! said...

Adorable! SO inspiring! I will be doing this one! Great Refashion!
You should come link this up to my Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

AllieMakes! said...

Hey!
I'm featuring this as one of the Making It With Allie Features this week! Come on by and grab a button!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Flannery Buchanan said...

I just love that! Sooo cute.

Shwin W said...

This shirt is soooo cute! I am seriously in love with this shirt! Great Great Job!

Ads Inside Post