November 25, 2015

Bake Craft Sew Along at Skip To My Lou

Today I’m over at Skip to My Lou as part of the Bake Craft Sew & Decorate series. I am sharing a Knotted Frayed Scarf Tutorial. These are quick to whip up for holiday gift giving, and you can personalize them in lots of different ways. In fact, you won’t want to miss all the handmade gift ideas! I have joined over 100 bloggers to share some amazing homemade gift ideas……..Plus Skip to My Lou has an amazing sewing giveaway too! See Below…


This is one is sew AMAZING! She is a gem and her name is Rachel.


One lucky winner will receive this beautiful…
Baby Lock Sewing Machine ($799 Value) and $100 Worth of Fabric from Riley Blake Designs.

Ready to take your sewing to the next level? The Baby Lock Rachel is the star of any sewing class, and she's here to help you. This computerized sewing machine is equipped with 50 stitches and push-button features to make every project easier. The value is $799. Click here for more details.
Riley Blake Designs colorful fabrics include cottons, flannels, sparkle cottons, organic cotton, knits, dreamy, and laminates in a range of designer and basic prints. You will love this beautiful fabric.
Wait for rafflecopter to load and enter there...
<a Rafflecopter giveaway

Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

November 13, 2015

Once Upon a Time Rocks

Every so often I like to hit up craft fairs. It's fun to see what other people are creating, and sometimes I see something that I really love and decide to buy it. This is one of those purchases. Also, I had talked my daughter into coming with me, and she really liked this too, so it was kind of a reward for her keeping me company.

November 12, 2015

Stash Buster Flannel Pajamas

I bought a whole bunch of flannel on Black Friday at JoAnn's two years ago, and there is still some of it sitting in my stash. I way over bought, a mistake I will not make again (I hope!). They have some pretty cute prints, but there is a reason it goes on sale for $1.99 a yard on Black Friday. By the end of winter, after washing, most of it ends up looking pretty dingy. Although that could be due in part to the fact that I never iron pajamas. Please tell me that no one else irons pajamas.

So I turned this kitty flannel in to some Sweet Dreams PJs for my baby, and some Sweet Dreams PJ bottoms and made an Alex and Anna Winter PJ top in some coordinating knit.

For my oldest daughter, I made her a nightgown. I didn't have an actual nightgown pattern, but I used the Perfect Peasant Dress pattern and tweaked it to make a nightgown. I gathered the sleeves loosely with 1/8 inch elastic and added a wide ruffle at the bottom.

I also sewed on a ribbon bow so she would know which side was the front. Note: I really think this would be a horrible idea for a younger girl. Also, these PJs aren't treated with that flame resistant whatever it is that PJs sold in stores are. I'm okay with that, because I personally feel like if they're close enough to a fire that their PJs are in danger of burning, how much good is flame retardant fabric really going to do? You'll have to make your own decision.

Liked this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

November 11, 2015

Mini Capsule Wardrobe for Baby

A little while ago, I did a load of my baby's laundry and threw in some new fabric to prewash it. There was also a pair of my son's jeans sitting in the washer already. I didn't add a color catcher, so you can imagine what dark wash jeans and orange fabric did to my baby's mostly white and light pink wardrobe.

November 05, 2015

Lisse Hoodie

This is one of my favorite things I've made for myself. It's super comfy and warm, but it looks nicer than just a basic hoodie.

This is the Lisse Hoodie from Terra's Treasures, and it's on sale right now as part of an introductory price. If you don't get it now, though, make sure you watch for sales coming up, as I think she usually does a Black Friday sale.

Ads Inside Post